Read about funding deadlines, events, and updates on the MFEP NEWS PAGE.
The MA Farm Energy Program releases Farm Energy Guides for dairy, greenhouses, orchards and vegetable farms, and maple producers, and renewable energy for all farms!
Serving Western Massachusetts
Berkshire-Pioneer Resource Conservation and Development Area, Inc. (BPRC&D) is a non-profit organization that helps citizens stimulate economic opportunities, conserve natural resources and improve the general quality of life in rural areas.
(or scroll down for more information)
Based in Amherst, the Berkshire-Pioneer RC&D serves the four western counties of Massachusetts. Although our primary focus is on natural resources such as agriculture, forestry, and water, we also address problems and opportunities related to community development. We provide assistance to communities, groups, and organizations with:
- Energy Conservation & Alternative Energy Development
- Land Conservation & Management
- Water Conservation & Management
- Community Development
- Massachusetts Farm Energy Program
- The Massachusetts Farm Energy Program is a statewide effort, bringing together federal, state, industry, and private support to streamline technical and financial assistance available to Massachusetts farmers for reducing their energy demand, increasing their profits, and reducing greenhouse gas emissions.